Rates and Policies
Free 15-minute initial consultation
Our registered clinical counsellors offer free 15-minute phone consultations for new clients in which you can ask questions about our practice and we can get a better sense of your particular situation. If we decide we’d like to work together, we can then book a session.
Rates are set in accordance with the recommendations of the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors, as well as the years of experience and training of each therapist. Typically, our hourly rate for counselling is $170.00 and the sessions are 50 minutes long. Counsellor rates may vary, so please check our team profiles for info on each therapist’s rate.
Extended health coverage
Although counselling fees are not covered under the BC Medical Services Plan, if you are covered by your or your partner’s extended health benefit plan through work, visits to a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) are often included under those plans. Refer to your plan manual for details or call the insurer and they’ll be able to assist you.
Direct billing is not offered at this time, but once you submit payment you will receive an electronic receipt that will have all the information you need to submit a claim to your provider for reimbursement.
We are covered by:
– Most Extended Health Benefits
– First Nations Health Authority
– Crime Victim Assistance Program
Payment is due in full at the end of each session. You can pay by credit card, cheque, e-transfer or cash.
We require at least 48 hours notice by phone or email for appointment cancellation or rescheduling. Sessions with less than 48-hours notice are subject to be billed at half of the session fee; sessions with less than 24-hours notice and no-shows are charged at the full session fee. There is no penalty for changing an in-person session to a virtual session, even at the last minute.
In-person sessions are offered and adhere to the Covid-19 safety protocols established for in-person counselling by WorkSafe BC. This includes:
- Physical distancing of 2+ metres in the counselling office and waiting room
- Masks mandatory in the common areas of the building
- Ventilation through open windows and a HEPA air purifier
- Hand sanitizer before and after sessions
- Prior to each in-person session, clients will receive a Covid-19 screening electronically
- All counsellors offering in-person sessions have been fully vaccinated (2 doses)