Glenda Wallace, MA, RCC
Founder, Vancouver Counsellor Services
In office: Mon 9am-12pm; Tues all day; Wed 10am-4pm; Thurs 9am-1pm; Fri 10am-4pm.
Telehealth: Monday afternoons and Thursday afternoons.
Glenda Wallace has an intuitive ability to connect with her clients. She is warm, caring and deeply attuned to each person’s unique needs. Glenda listens thoughtfully, asks the right questions, and stays curious. She is dedicated to her practice in a way that is safe, intuitive, knowledgeable and genuine.
Her ability to meet her clients where they are in their lives is informed though her entrenched philosophy of life long learning. Through on-going training and life experience, she demonstrates lessons acquired and lessons applied. She has gained invaluable wisdom from her own personal therapy (thanks to Peter Vaughan) in her imperfect life. As a result, she is confident that she can offer better care to the people in the community.
Before working in private practice sixteen years ago, she worked for five years with the Vancouver School Board as a District Area Counsellor. She also taught communication skills to first year medical students at UBC.
Glenda is highly qualified to provide the right strategies for you. Her academic achievements include a BA, B Ed and MA in Counselling Psychology.
Passionate about learning different methods and tools to better guide patients to a positive and healthier life, Glenda continues to grow her list of credentials:
- UBC, Master of Arts (Counselling Psychology, Honours)
- Member of BC College of Teachers
- Member of BC Association of Clinical Counsellors
- Instructor UBC Faculty of Medicine
- UBC, Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
- UBC, Bachelor of Education
Techniques & Training
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), training with Dr. David Burns
- Family Systems Therapy
- Positive Psychology
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSB)
- Intensive Short Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP):
- Depression, with Dr. Allan Abbass
- Reaching through Resistance
- Experiential Accelerated Dynamic Psychotherapy (EADP), with Lindsay Chapman and Mark Vail
- Ester Perel Infidelity training workshop
- Enneagram, with Ruth Shell MA